I am a North Vancouver photographer specializing in action, documentary and lifestyle images for corporate clients, magazines, athletes, families and furry friends.
My strength is bringing my fine art side to the action side…fusing the two to deliver creative, engaging and exciting images through natural, informal and energetic sessions. This translates to photos that have more meaning and emotional impact.
I have just recently obtained my Canine/Dog Portrait accreditation with the Professional Photographers of Canada (PPOC) and I am super pumped about this. I take my accreditation seriously and, as always, my goal is to bring you a photograph that exceeds the highest level. I also belong to an elite group of photographers with Nikon Photographic Services Canada (NPS).
On a more personal side…I’m the worlds biggest kid (which makes my two active boys happy), a writer and a teacher. I lead an active life, love my furry animals and I eat full fat cheeses (it’s only way to eat cheese).
• Canine/Dog Portrait – Professional Photographers of Canada (Jan. 2019)
• Mountain Biking BC (2016 to present)
• Mountain Bike For Her (2015 to present)
• Traction eRag (2012 to present, Senior Photographer and Managing Editor)
• Inside Motorcycles & OffRoad (2011-2013)
• The Globe & Mail (Lifestyle Section, Portrait of the Week, 2013)
• PhotoLife Magazine (2010, 2012)
• Skawahlook First Nations (BC) – Event Coverage/Portraits
• Randy Krauss (AB) – CD Design/Graphics/Photography
• BC Aboriginal Youth Mountain Bike Project (BC) – Event Coverage/Articles
• Humble Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (BC) – Product Photography
• Beta Motorcycles Canada (BC) – Event Coverage
• Bowen Island Dog Ranch (BC) – Portraits and Photos for Website
• Torch Motorcycles Ltd. (AB) – Event Coverage/Portraits
• Off-Road Ontario (ON) – Photo for Trailer Wrap
• Big Bold Brand (BC) – Portraits for BBB Clients
• Trail Tours (ON) – Photographs for Web Site/Social Media
• Langs Off Road (ON) – Photo for Vehicle Wrap
• Maryse Cardin (Self Talk Love) (BC) – Portrait for Book
• Desiree Ellis Beauty (BC) – Portraits for Website
• Elgin & Winter Garden Theatre, Toronto, Group Art Exhibition (2013)
• St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts, Toronto, Group Art Exhibition (2012)
• Ben Navaee Gallery, Toronto (2010)
• Mark Trusz Gallery, Toronto (2008)
The Aboriginal Youth Mountain Bike Project retained Cecile to assist us in photographing a community celebration and grand opening of a new network of trails for the Sq’ewá:lxw First Nation (Skawahlook). Throughout a day of emotional and sacred ceremonies, difficult weather and lighting conditions, Cecile worked professionally and respectfully, and helped us capture the essence of the event with a series of high quality photographs that were intimate and personal and will assist us in promoting and raising awareness of this important event. ~ Patrick Lucas
I had a wonderful time working with Cecile Gambin as she photographed my horses. Her careful attention to detail, combined with her amazing eye for lighting and movement, made for some exquisite fine art portraits that were both powerful and sublime. She took the time to get to know the horse individually, and used that to create photographs that were not only beautiful and artistic, but which also captured something unique and special about each of their personalities. She was both patient and kind while working with the horses, who don’t always pose on command! It was hands down the best photo shoot experience I’ve ever had, and I would not hesitate to recommend her any day! ~ Candice Sy
I’m a professional makeup artist and I’ve hired Cecile to work with me on many of my photoshoots. Cecile is so creative in the way she shoots. I love how her photos always seem to tell a story in the way she brings life and emotions into every shot she captures. And she’s so much fun to work with, we have lots of laughs on our shoots. She always makes our models feel comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. Cecile is very professional in her work and will work with you to get an understanding of what you envision for your shoot to make sure that you get the perfect images you desire. She goes above and beyond and does whatever it takes to get the right shot. I love working with Cecile because she always takes my vision and brings it to life with her own creativity and artistic talent. And I know I’m always going to get stunning images that showcase my work beautifully. ~ Desiree Ellis, Professional Makeup Artist
We’re Paul’s father and mother in Hamilton – Paul forwarded some of your shots of Chester. They are GREAT !! You must have seen evidence of his personality after spending some time on the shoot and you’ve done a super job in having some of his character come out in the pics. Well done and hope your business is extremely successful. ~ very happy parents of Paul